- 2014-2019: Ph.D. in Teaching English as Foreign Language, University of Arak, Iran Ph.D. Thesis: Developing a Genre and Discipline-specific Academic Idiom List: A Comparative and Diachronic Corpus-driven Study
- 2008-2011: M.A. in Teaching English as Foreign Language, University of Arak, Iran
M.A. Thesis: A Critical Discourse Analysis of Los Angeles Times and Tehran Time on the Representation of Iran’s Nuclear Program and the Pedagogical Implications.
- 2003-2007: B.A. in English Language and Literature, University of Qom, Iran.
Farahani, E., Firoozalizadeh, M., & Panahi, S. (2017). The most common errors in English abstracts in MA theses: The case of Knowledge and Information Science. Sciences and Techniques of Information Management, 2 (4), 103-126.
Ahmadian, M., Poulaki, S., & Farahani, E. (2016). Reading strategies used by high scoring and low scoring IELTS candidates: A think-aloud study. Theory and Practice in Language Studies, 6(2),408-416.
Ahmadian, M. & Farahani. E. (2014). A CDA of Los Angeles Times and Tehran Times on the representation of Iran’s nuclear program. Theory and Practice in Language Studies, 4(10), 114-122.
Farahani, E., & Ahmadian, M. (2014). What is the truth? A demonstration of language manipulation in two newspapers and the pedagogical implications, International Journal of Research Studies in Language Learning, 3(7), 89-100.
Attarzadeh, S. & Farahani, E. (2013). The effect of task complexity on Iranian EFL learners’ listening comprehension across aptitude. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 9, 314- 323.
Farahani, E. (2013). The ticking mind and beating heart: Speaking, imagination, and emphatic intelligence, Theory and Practice in Language Studies,4(10), 123-134.
- 2017: “Shedding Light on a the Use of Idiom in Applied Linguistics Research Articles”, 3rd International Conference on New Trends in English Language Teaching and Testing, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2008: “A CDA of Los Angeles Times and Tehran Times on the Representation of Iran’s Nuclear Program”, the 9th International TELLSI Conference: Global Perspective, Local Practice, Ilam University, Ilam, Iran .
- 2012: “Russia Lashes out at or Agrees with Iran? A Demonstration of Language Manipulation in Two Newspapers and the Pedagogical Implications in ELT”, the 10th International TELLSI Conference: Bridging the Gap between Research, Policy, and Practice, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran.
- 2012: “A CDA of Los Angeles Times and Tehran Times on the Representation of America's Financial Problems and the Pedagogical Implications”, the 10th International TELLSI Conference: Bridging the Gap between Research, Policy, and Practice, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran.
- 2012: "The Effect of Task Complexity on Iranian EFL Learners’ Listening comprehension across Aptitude", International Conference on Current Trends in ELT: Putting the Learner in the Spotlight, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran .
- 2015-present: Faculty member, English Language Department, Mofid University, Qom, Iran (Idioms and Metaphorical Expressions in Translation, English Grammar 1 &2 Language Teaching Methodology, teaching Methodology, Advanced writing, Essay Writing, Reading Comprehension 2 & 3)
- 2014-present: Lecturer, Department of English language and literature, University of Arak, Iran (Speaking and Listening Comprehension 1 & 2, Grammar 1 & 2, Oral
Reproduction 1 & 2)
2012-2013: Lecturer, Qom Payam Nour University, Qom, Iran.
(English 1 & 2 for Tourism Management, Specialized English for Business Management, General English)
- 2012-2013: Lecturer, Gharqabad Payam Nour University, Markazi, Iran
(English for Industrial Management, English for Business Management, English for Tourism Management, General English)
English for Research Publication Purposes (ERPP), English for Academic Purposes (EAP), Corpus Linguistics, Academic Writing, Idiomaticity and Critical Discourse Analysis (CDA)