Guide for Authors
All scholars are invited to submit their original, high quality papers relevant to different aspects of human rights studies to the Journal of Human Rights.
Contributing authors are advised to read this document carefully and adhere to the instructions provided below before sending their papers to the Journal office. If these guidelines are not met in the submitted manuscripts, they will not be given the chance to be peer-reviewed in this journal.The Journal of Human Rights is a member of the International Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE). Therefore, all members of the journal and the authors of articles submitted to the journal are required and obligated to observe all the principles of publication ethics of this committee.
1. Submitted papers must be the direct result of the authors’ original research.
2. When a manuscript is submitted to the Journal of Human Rights, the editors and/or section editors first review it to see if it conforms to the basic requirements (e.g., that it fits the mission and scope of the Journal and it is double- blinded and properly formatted) that it is of sufficient quality to merit external review. Manuscripts that do not meet these requirements are not sent out for further review, and will be sent back to the author(s) for revision.
3. It is mandatory for all contributing authors to read and follow the Publication Ethics. It is taken for granted that all the authors submitting a manuscript to the Journal of Human Rights adhere to all ethical regulations provided in “Publication Ethics”.
4. Full length article submissions should not normally exceed 7500 words.
5. The following should be included in a manuscript:
A) Persian and English abstracts up to 220 words
B) Five key words in Persian with their English meanings
C) Introduction and the main body of the paper including the related parts and sections, and Conclusion
D) Bibliography and References.
6. The method of referencing, writing citations and compiling article sources:
All references and citations, including direct and indirect quotations, should be addressed as foot notes in all articles published by the Journal of Human Rights. For a better and easier use of this standard, a text has been compiled in Persian (for articles which is written in Persian) and all writers should act exactly according to this style sheet.
Note 1: Make sure that the text of direct references in the article is placed inside "quotation marks". And the number of the footnote should be given after the quotation marks
Note 2: Quotation marks should not be used in indirect references and immediately after stating the mentioned topic from the source, a single number should be placed in the footnote. In this case, you should not postpone placing the odd number until the end of the sentence or the end of the paragraph. Based on this method, referring to the sources used in the footnote for the first time in the article and chapter of the book, It should be done based on the instructions and its complete form, and the reference to the same source in the second time and later must be done in summary form.
Note 3: Footnote numbers in books, research projects, and theses in each chapter start from one and continue until the end of the chapter. In the articles, the numbers should be inserted consecutively from the beginning to the end of the article.
Note 4: Be careful in setting up the bibliography, each source starts from the first line, and the second line of multi-line sources is indented by one centimeter compared to the first line. In this section, there is no need to insert a series number for each source, and the sources should be arranged according to the last name of the author.
Instruction for refrencing, Citationas and Compilling Bibliography
7. According to Circular No. 40879 of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran dated 14/04/2022 regarding the cost of processing scientific journal articles and the approval of the 125th meeting of Mofid University Board of Governors, among the articles accepted by this journal that will be published from the said date, The amount of 150 USD will be received.
8. The articles sent to the Journal of Human Rights, which are written individually by university professors with the rank of full professor and lecturers of the high courses of the seminary of Iran, are judged and reviewed out of turn and in a special way.
9. Authors are required to select only one of the following types of articles in the system to submit an article: "Research Article"; "Review"; "Methodology"; "Point of view"; "Case Study" and "Short Article"
10. Allowed file type for the manuscripts is only Doc, Docx. The font should be Time New Roman (size 10 for text and size 9 for footnote). All submissions must be uploaded through our online submission website in a file named "Manuscript Main File"
11. The authors' name, last name, position, degree, postal address, email and phone number should be sent in a seprate file named "Title Page". The title of the manuscript, the authors' names (with the name of the corresponding author marked with an asterisk), the affiliated institutions of the authors, and the abstract (up to 220 words) with the Keywordes (up to seven woreds) should also be included in this file both in English and Persian.
12. The Journal of Human Rights examines all submitted manuscripts through different systems like: Samim Noor/ Hamta Joo/ Hamanand Joo. Articles in English are cross checked by secondary gate.
13. The minimum time of peer reviewing and sending the initial results to the authors in the Journal of Human Rights is two months.
14. The results of the initial appraisal (the internal review) of the manuscripts will be announced in 10 days.
15. Authors can refer to the "Reviewers" section for more information about the rules, regulations and stages which are followed in peer reviewing of the manuscripts in this journal.
16. All authors are obligated to sign an interest disclosure form and an authorship form and send them while the manuscript is submitted to the Journal through the online submission web site. The corresponding author is the one who is responsible for gathering the signatures of all authors included in the article.
17. Authors should refrain from simultaneous submission to the Journal. Unless the peer-reviewing process of the first manuscript is finalized, other submission/s will not be taken into account.
18. Authors should provide the Journal with a short description of each author’s contribution in an Acknowledgement. Possible conflicts of interest must also be mentioned. Authors are also required to include licenses for the use of the sources that have not yet been published.
19. To recognize any possible “ghost author” in the submitted manuscript, the journal’s Office may ask the authors to submit the checklists of the manuscript.
20. To recognize any possible ghost, guest or gift authorship these instructions will be followed.
21. In the articles with several authors, the order of the authors is based on the contribution of the authors. In this way, the responsible author who contributed the most in the preparation of the article is included in the first row and the rest of the authors are placed in the next rows according to the amount of participation in the preparation of the article.
22. Authors should note that if their articles have the support or credibility of research, they should be mentioned in the article.
23. Upon acceptance of an article, authors will be asked to complete a 'Journal Publishing Agreement'. (We request all authors to sign the form). This agreement deals with the transfer or license of the copyright to the Journal of Human Rights and authors maintain significant rights to use and share their own published articles.
24. Authors can be informed of all the stages and processes of peer reviewing of the submitted articles in the Journal’s website. However, the authors may, if they wish, can follow up the process of reviewing their article by contacting the Journal’s Office. To inform the authors, "The Process of Accepting Articles" here and the "Reviewing Process" is available here.
25. The process of peer reviewing and accepting of the manuscripts can be found in the (Peer Review Process).
26. Persian grammar and writing style approved by the Academy of Persian Language and Literature should be the criterion for how to write and edit articles. (for Persians articles only)
27. The corresponding author is responsible for the accuracy of the article and its components.
28. All authors should study the process of manuscript submission and act accordingly.
29. The Journal of Human Rights adopts a double-blind reviewing process..
30. In the Journal of Human Rights, article withdrawal may only be possible if the article has been submitted within 7 days of business days. After the article has entered the process of reviewing, there is no possibility to withdraw. If the author wishes to withdraw the article after the time limitation, he will be charged fees for the costs of peer-reviewing. If the author refrain from paying the fee, the Journal of Human Rights has the right to take decisions about the publication of the article. taking the above-mentioned conditions into account, to withdraw an article, the author must write a clear and concise letter to the Editor-in-Chief as to why the manuscripts needs to be withdrawn.
31. To avoid any conflict of interests, the Editor and the Board members will not be involved in editorial decisions about their own scholarly work or about the articles which are suggested by them to the Journal. They will be excluded from publication decisions and other independent editors will be asked to peer review the manuscript. Then, the final decision about the manuscript will be announced and approved by the Editorial Board. See (Policies of the Journal)
32. If needed, the journal’s Office will make contact with all authors involved in an article.
33. Articles will be accepted both in Persian and English. English articles are published in a special issue.
34. Articles are required to submit their manuscripts only through the Journal of Human Rights’ online submission and review web site.
35. Please check the "Frequently Asked Questions" section and get answers to your questions from this section.
36. Articles should be written and layout in the Word platform (preferably with the 2015 version) and using the Persian font IR Badr (number 13 for the text and 10 for the footer) and the English font Time New Roman (number 10 for the text and 8 for the footer). For Persian articles abstract and keywords must be written using IR Mitra font (number 12). Corresponding authors are required to send information about the other authors (if existed) and the text of the article in the formats uploaded in rows 9 and 10.
37. Rejected and withdrawn articles will be removed from the Journal's electronic archive after three months, and the Journal of Human Rights will not be held liable.
38. By referring to this section, authors can find out how to register and submit articles in the web site of the Journal of Human Rights.
39. Intellectual property conditions of the articles published by the Journal of Human Rights are based on the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The views expressed by contributors to the Journal of Human Rights do not necessarily reflect those of the Editorial Advising Board of the Journal.
The Journal of Human Rights has the right to edit and make changes in the manuscripts, if needed.
Address: Center for Human Rights Studies, Mofid University, Shahid Sadooghi Blv. , Qom, postal code: 37169 - 67777
Tel: (025) 32130150 fax: (025) 32925764
Email address: email@example.com
Price of Printed Version of the Journal (per Issue): 65000 Rials